History

Gert-Maria Freimuth and Dr Christof Nesemeier founded Nesemeier & Freimuth GmbH in Berlin in 1995. The idea had already been born in 1986 when they were studying in Münster. In 1997, the two used their company to take over MBB Gelma Industrieelektronik GmbH – a former subsidiary of the Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm group – from Daimler-Benz Aerospace AG. It was from that point on that the abbreviation MBB was incorporated into the company name. The company issued its IPO in 2006, and this was followed by a switch to the Prime Standard on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange in 2008. In 2019 the company has more than 3,000 employees. The founders have remained majority owners of the company since the flotation.

History of MBB

2019 MBB SE acquires majority (60%) of Friedrich Vorwerk KG (GmbH & Co.)
MBB SE subsidiary DTS IT AG acquires majority (66%) of IT security software developer ISL
2018 MBB achieves more than half a billion euros in revenues for the first time
Aumann AG enters SDAX
2017 Capital increase at Aumann AG
Aumann AG acquires USK Karl Utz Sondermaschinen GmbH
IPO of Aumann AG on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
2016 Bundling of Aumann GmbH (now Aumann Espelkamp GmbH), Aumann Berlin GmbH, Aumann Immobilien GmbH, Aumann North America Inc., MBB Fertigungstechnik GmbH (now Aumann Beelen GmbH) and MBB Technologies (China) Ltd. (now Aumann Technologies (China) Ltd.) under the roof of Aumann AG
Sales pass the EUR 300 million mark for the first time
2015 MBB Technologies (now Aumann AG) acquires 75% of Aumann GmbH
MBB converts into MBB SE
2014 OBO-Werke GmbH & Co. KG acquires the tooling business of Huntsman Advanced Materials
2013 Founding of MBB Technologies (China) Ltd. (now Aumann Technologies (China) Ltd.)
Installation of a new tissue paper machine at the Hanke plant in Kostrzyn
Acquisition of DHK automotive and HTZ Holztrocknung in Oberlungwitz by Delignit AG
2012 Takeover of MBB Fertigungstechnik GmbH (now Aumann Beelen GmbH) from Claas KGaA mbH
Sales pass the EUR 200 million mark for the first time
2011 Acquisition of eld datentechnik GmbH
Takeover of Huchtemeier GmbH by the former family shareholders and acquisition of a further 20% in Hanke Sp. z o.o.
2010 Acquisition of CT Formpolster from Continental AG
Acquisition of ICSmedia GmbH from Aschendorff Verlag
Capital increase at Delignit AG and sale of the majority stake in the Romanian subsidiaries
2009 Sale of Reimelt Henschel GmbH to Zeppelin GmbH, a Zeppelin Foundation company
2008 Acquisition of DTS Systeme GmbH in partnership with the management: MBB holds 80% of the shares, the management buys out the remaining 20%. The company is renamed DTS IT AG.
Switch of MBB to the Prime Standard on the Deutsche Börse
2007 MBB takes over 100% of Reimelt Henschel GmbH
Sale of the recycling division of the Huchtemeier Group (Huchtemeier Recycling GmbH) to the Tönsmeier Group
IPO of Delignit AG on the Entry Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
Sales pass the EUR 100 million mark for the first time
2006 IPO of the company on the Entry Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange:
Issue price: EUR 9.50; issue volume: EUR 15 million;
Issue of 1.6 million shares from a capital increase
80% shareholding in the Huchtemeier Groups and subsequently 78% shareholding in Hanke Tissue Sp. z o.o.
2005 Founding of MBB as a new company and integration of the MBB companies
2004 Management buyout of Cildro Mobilia Srl.
2003 Acquisition of 81% of the shares in Blomberger Holzindustrie B. Hausmann GmbH & Co. KG (now Delignit AG)
Acquisition of 100% of the shares in OBO-Werke GmbH & Co. KG
Sale of the Kynast lawn mower business segment to Murray Inc. and discontinuation of the bicycle business segment
Sale of 25.1% of the shares in InVision Software AG
Sales pass the EUR 50 million mark for the first time
2002 Sale of 49% of MBB Gelma GmbH to Dorma GmbH & Co. KG
2001 Sale of 33% of Metropolitan Consulting Group GmbH to its management team
2000 Dorma GmbH & Co. KG acquires a 51% stake in MBB Industrieelektronik GmbH
Takeover of the bicycle and lawn mower business segments from Kynast iL
1999 50% shareholding in INCA System GmbH
Klaus Seidel joins the management team
Sales pass the EUR 25 million mark for the first time
1998 Takeover of the Time & Access business segment from Hengstler GmbH
25% shareholding in InVision Software AG
Founding of Metropolitan Consulting Group GmbH and acquisition of 33% of the shares in the business
Anton Breitkopf joins the management team
1997 First acquisition of a company with the takeover of MBB Gelma Industrieelektronik GmbH from Daimler-Benz Aerospace AG, a former subsidiary of Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm
1995 Founding of Nesemeier & Freimuth GmbH in Berlin